Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/11244900@N04/
Get Out In The Fall!
If you're finding it hard to come up with new ideas for outdoor activities, here are 5 of my favorites:
1. Challenge your kids to spot as many different creepy-crawlies as they can. Don't forget to bring the magnifying glasses!
2. Create your own treasure hunt. Make a list of items likely to be found in your neighborhood or play area. Be sure to include some weird or gross items like a dead bug, a bird feather, a leaf bigger than your hand, or a stick shaped like a "y."
3. Have a family day out. Play catch, soccer, or even just tag, followed by a picnic. (Using recyclable containers, of course!)
4. Collect rocks. Children love gathering rocks. Rivers and wave-swept beaches, where rocks are pushed around and smoothed over the years, are great places to search. Smooth or jagged, plain or striped, colorful or gray…how many types can you find?
5. Go camping. If you haven’t got time to go away, camping out in the garden is just as much fun without the hassle of packing everything up!